Reproduction Services and ICSB – New York
Hilton Veterinary Hospital has experience with a range of reproductive services for your dog including fertility consultations, trans-cervical insemination, surgical insemination’s and much more. Our founding veterinarian, Dr. Timothy Bostley has years of experience with animal breeding and can provide extensive information on the process and what to expect.
Dr. Timothy Bostley has nurtured his interest in reproduction since his first successful Rhodesian Ridgeback breeding and has practiced canine reproductive medicine since his graduation from Veterinary school in 1987. He is a member of The Society of Theriogenology, an organization of veterinarians dedicated to animal reproduction. Our International Canine Semen Bank is an affiliate of ICSB-Oregon. Providing the opportunity to successfully freeze and store canine semen has been a welcome addition to our reproduction services. Our ICSB relationship was established in 2005 and is directed by Dr. Timothy Bostley. ICSB-Oregon was founded by Dr. Carrol Platz, Jr. Our semen freezing technique is based on Professor Platz’s research.
We were thrilled when Dr. Jeffrey Cacia joined our practice in 2018 and showed a strong interest and skill in reproductive medicine. We now have two very skilled reproduction doctors on staff to help us accommodate the demands of the breeding world.
With the utilization of fresh, fresh chilled and frozen semen, we provide dog breeders with one of the most successful breeding programs available. Our techniques for insemination are non-surgical transcervical insemination (TCI) with a state-of-the-art TCI scope, surgical insemination (SI) and vaginal insemination (VI).
Our Reproductive Services
- Dr. Timothy Bostley, Dr. Jeffrey Cacia and ICSB-NY services include:
- Male reproductive exams and semen collection with evaluation
- Female reproductive exams, consults and evaluation of breeding challenges
- Ovulation timing through progesterone testing with same day results for breeding naturally or artificially
- Collection, evaluation, extension and preparation of fresh semen for shipment
- Insemination with fresh, fresh-chilled or frozen semen with a variety of extenders
- Fertility consultation and techniques for improvement of sperm production
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility
- Chill tests on semen
- Techniques and medias for improving sperm motility
- Routine canine semen collection, freezing and storage
- Pregnancy ultrasound evaluation and management
- Non-Surgical Transcervical Insemination (TCI) with state-of-the-art TCI scope
- Surgical Insemination (SI)
- Cesarean Surgery